Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thank You

This week has been a pretty crazy one for me here. I must say that God really seems to work in mysterious ways sometime. This past week I've been under an immense amount of stress. I decided I would be the director for a music video project for my experimental film class. Well my teacher decided that we actually had to get a signed permission form to use the song. So I e-mailed countless bands and none of the ones I wanted got back to me at all. So I was really disappointed.

So last Friday I was on my way to Raleigh after work. During my two hours of driving time I decided to pray. I asked God what his plan was for me. I told him that I knew he was going to lead me to pick the right song. I knew he wouldn't just leave me in the dark. I know he has my best interest in mind.

All through the weekend I waited for e-mails from anyone for the song. Unfortunately I didn't get anything. So Sunday night--two nights before shooting--I still didn't have a song. I didn't even have an idea of what to do. I ended up e-mailing someone and he gave me a website. From there I found my song--and one of my group members is friends with the guy in the band--which meant we have no problems getting the signature.

Even though the song wasn't the one I was really wanting to use at first, I think it will be a great video. I think he led me to one that fits better in the experimental film world. I also must say that I had the strangest thing happen this morning. I woke up without feeling tired, stressed and annoyed. That almost never happens. Especially since I had so much to do. I just felt good about everything. I felt like everything was alright. It was a great feeling.

My day ended up being great too. I got a great haircut, filmed a lot of stuff for the video, and got to spend time with a good friend. Overall I just feel so much better now. I think God led me to make the right decisions. I really thank him a lot for leading me and not having me freaked out over more stuff. All I can hope for now is to get a great film role and make this project be absolutely amazing.

Now I just hope that God can lead me in the right path for my self portrait. I hope he can help guide me to being able to put myself out there in this way. In a way that I have never put myself out before. I'm really nervous about how it will turn out. I'm also nervous how people will react to it. I'm taking a big step out of my comfort zone. I hope he will help me make this a great film.

1 comment:

  1. I knew everything would work out! If you trust God, He will lead you on the right path! :)

    ReplyDelete